Why g.org.e is good for you!
Gorgeous handmade chocolate truffles with a difference, g.org.e truffles are made with high quality organic produce
and only contain ingredients that are actually good for you*.
Organic & Raw
No Added Sugar
No Gluten or Grains
No Dairy or Lactose
No Soya or Emulsifiers
No Sugar Substitutes
No Hydrogenated or Trans Fat
Source of Omega 3 & 6
No Yeast or Salt
GM Free & Fair Trade
No colours, flavourings or preservatives
Contain only naturally occurring sugars
Suitable for diabetics, coeliacs, paleo diets and vegetarians/vegans
We even count toward your five a day
*With the exception of the rum in rum truffles and kirsch in sour cherry and kirsch truffles, every ingredient contained with gorge truffles, chocolate bars and truffle eggs have a high nutritional content and contain vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
The main ingredients contained within our products have the following nutritional benefits:
g.org.e use raw cacao butter, solids and powder. Raw cacao is the purest form of chocolate you can
consume and is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. The process keeps the living enzymes
in the cocoa, making it more nutritionally rich.
- Cacao is full of antioxidants. The flavanols found in cacao may improve vascular function and reduce blood pressure.
- Cacao contains magnesium, which is an essential mineral during times of stress and helps you to feel more relaxed. It also contains manganese, zinc, calcium and potassium and vitamin C.
- Eating cacao makes you happy! It contains phenylethylamine which is responsible for our state of mood and pleasure and the same feelings you get when you are in love.
- Cacao also contains serotonin and dopamine – which also stimulates good mood.
- Almonds contain heart healthy monounsaturated fats which may help lower cholesterol
- They are an excellent source of vitamin E; a powerful antioxidant that may protect cells against damaging free radicals and support immune function
- Almonds also contain several key minerals which may improve bone health
- A good source of magnesium which can help organ, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and regulating blood pressure
After extensive research g.org.e decided to only use dates and raisins to sweeten our products. The dangers of processed sugar are become more and more apparent, however whilst sugar substitutes such as coconut nectar sugar, agave nectar, xylitol and stevia have a lower GI, they act similarly to processed sugar once digested. Research has proven that, although still containing natural sugars, dates are a far healthier option for two reasons: 1) they contain a good deal of fibre which significantly lowers the speed at which sugars are absorbed into the blood stream and 2) dates have a high level of vitamins and minerals ( as listed below) which are not contained in any sugar substitutes.
- Rich in dietary fibre, which prevents LDL cholesterol absorption
- Contains health benefiting tannins which are known to possess anti-infective and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They have antioxidants ( such as ß-carotene, lutein, and zea-xanthin) whichhave the ability to protect cells and other structures in the body from harmful effects of oxygen-free radicals. Thus, eating dates found to offer some protection from colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
- Dates are an excellent source of iron, carry 0.90 mg/100 g of fruits (about 11% of RDI per 100g).
- They are an excellent sources of potassium. 100 g contains 696 mg or 16% of daily-recommended levels of this electrolyte. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Date fruits are also rich in minerals like calcium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
- Further, the fruit has moderate levels of B-complex group of vitamins as well as vitamin K. It contains very good amounts of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), niacin, pantothenic acid, and riboflavin. These vitamins act as cofactors help body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Vitamin K is essential for many coagulant factors in the blood as well as in bone metabolism.
- They are moderate sources of vitamin-A (contains 149 IU per 100 g), which is known to have antioxidant properties and essential for vision.
- Raisins contain resveratrol, a polyphenol anti-oxidant, which has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, blood cholesterol lowering activities
- Raisins are very high in anthocyanin’s, another class of polyphenolic anti-oxidants. Anthocyanin’s have been found to have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer activities.
- Raisins are dense sources minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium copper, fluoride, and zinc. Copper and manganese are an essential co-factor of antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. 100 g provides 23% daily requirement levels of iron.
- In addition, they are rich in potassium (100 grams hold 749 mg of potassium) which reduces heart rate, blood pressure and thereby helps prevent stroke, CHD, and peripheral vascular diseases.
- Finally they are a good source of some B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid.
Chocolate Chocolate Truffles: organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao butter, organic raw cacao liquor, organic raisins, organic raw cacao powder, organic raw cacao nibs, filtered water, organic vanilla powder.
Coconut Chocolate Truffles: organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao butter, organic new raw cacao liquor, organic raisins, organic desiccated coconut, filtered water.
Sour Cherry and Kirsch Chocolate Truffles: organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao butter, organic raw cacao liquor, organic raisins, organic raw cacao powder, organic sour cherries, Kirsch, cherry brandy, organic freeze dried cherries.
Rum Chocolate Truffles: organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao butter, organic raw liquor, organic raisins, organic raw cacao powder, rum, organic raw cacao solid.
Raspberry Chocolate Truffle: organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao butter, organic raw cacao liquor, organic raisins, organic raw cacao powder, organic freeze dried raspberry powder, organic raspberry essence.
Approximate nutritional breakdown for g.org.e Chocolate Chocolate Truffle.
|Nutritional Breakdown||Per 100g||Per 12g Truffle|
|of which Saturated Fat||9.4||1.1|
|of which Trans fat||0.0||0.0|
|of which sugars||27.0||3.2|
|of which dietary Fibre||10.4||1.3|
|Vitamins, Minerals & Omega||% RDA per 100g|
g.org.e Chocolate Bar : organic raw cacao butter, organic raw cacao liquor, organic almonds, organic dates, organic raw cacao powder, organic raisins, organic vanilla powder.
g.org.e Chocolate Bar Toppings: organic pistachios, organic mango, organic coconut, organic walnuts and organic cranberries.
Approximate nutritional breakdown for g.org.e Chocolate Bar (excluding toppings)
|Nutritional Breakdown||Per 100g||Per 40g Bar|
|of which Saturated Fat||16.6||12.7|
|of which Trans fat|
|of which sugars||23.3||9.3|
|of which dietary Fibre||7.1||2.8|
|Vitamins, Minerals & Omega||% RDA per 100g|